Saturday 22 December 2007

THE FABULOUS FOUR

So, I've been challenged by Vasiliisa; the Suburban Queen to answer four blog-related questions and then challenge four other bloggers to do so.
I'm so bad at keeping things short but I'll try...

1. What’s the story behind the name of your blog and your nickname?
The story of my blog's name is quite simple - I'm a freelancer, even if I do work sort of regularly as an all-round designer for a clothing company (and I'm also employed at two other companies too on freelance basis. Btw this spring I will start doing some mystery shopping. Great . I get to go shopping, be critical and get paid for it :)
But why I named my blog after my sort work is because of a thought my friend and co-worker K and I were playing with : kind of a statement, an "anonymous anti-fashion fashion blog"-project about someone who works a lot from home and just wears the same slobby home wear or stays in the pyjamas everyday (beacuse sometimes it actually is like that when you work a lot in your home "office"). Well, obviously that blog never happened, but the name remained.

I don't use a nickname here in the blog, but for the comments I left before blogging, or the ones I leave somewhere else than on Blogspot when a name is requested is "Blondie"; not so much because of the hair color but more because of the band (Debbie Harry being one of my favorites stylewise).

2.Why did you start blogging in the first place?
The first fashion blog I ever came upon was by accident a long time ago. It was a very shallow and consumption-orientated one that I was both annoyed and fascinated with in the same time. Thats when the idea of this incognito freelancer 'hey-I-work-from-home-and-look-he-same -every-day'-blog was formed. Well, I've never been too quick at getting things started (and that wouldn't really have been a fun blog for more than a week now would it), and soon after that I begun reading more blogs and found a lot of wonderful and really cute ones and also the ones I like to follow today. So I forgot about the idea of the ironic blog and instead I decided to combine my interest in clothes, vintage and fashion with the fact that I, after several years of just making vector graphics, should start drawing more. It took me quite some time to begin but I'm glad I did.

3. What has been your best blogging related experience? What about the worst?
First of all, all the other nice blogs and bloggers! I like the efforts most of you put into the blogs; nicely thought-through texts, great pictures, inspiring outfits. And its just nice to read blogs in general, see how people are doing and so on. Most bloggers are also so positive towards antother, there is a nice atmosphere, and then of course it's always nice to see some interaction and get comments.

The bad thing related to my blogging is that I come up with too many things I would like to write about and draw ,but I just don't have the time to make all the drawings I want...

4. What do you think will happen to your blog in 2008?
I'll continue as usual and hopefully I will have time to make all the drawings I want to.

Me and K have been planning this big fashion-related project so when we get it started that will be a big topic.
But that's for later. Later later.

I've noticed that a lot of bloggers have answered this one already so let's see... I will challenge the following four:
Wendy B , Miss Woo, Tagtraeumerin and Krisatomic.
(and to wendy I'd like to add to point 1: how did you choose the name to your line of jewellery?)

1 comment:

Closetlies said...

freelancers unite!!
:)

check out my blog
closetlies.blogspot.com

--a former model with too many things