Sunday 1 June 2008

WEDDINGCAKE, CLOUDS, CREAM, COTTON CANDY ...

Let's take a little break from all my meeting posts...


Being a bit hungover today I did spend some time in the sunshine but also quite some time on ebay bidding here and there and everywhere on oh so lovely things. But seriously. I really want this vintage dress. Just to have at home and look at. And maybe one day get married in perhaps? It is just so gorgeus. Oh all this fluffyness! Makes me think of whipped cream , strawberry milkshake, fluffy clouds on a pale summer evening, cotton candy, a bouquet of pink roses...



The starting price on this dress is not on the lighter side, but hey, no wonder. As lovely as it is, I'm still not sure if I'll actually bid on it (I mean I'm not getting married anytime soon, heh :) but I am considering it.

(If you want to give it a go it is listed here.)

15 comments:

WendyB said...

Beautiful.

anna said...

sounds exactly like my Sunday. I've been bidding at Huuto.net, though, haven't yet discovered the world of Ebay...

annabananna said...

that's a puffy dream made in ruffle heaven :)

annabananna said...

oh wow, and thanks so much for linking us! will do the same!

tiiti said...

ooh, anything with that amount of ruffles and frills and puffiness just can't be anything but total perfection. love it :)

Dotti said...

Gosh. Such a dress would definately also make me start thinking of getting married. I really keep my fingers crossed that you're going to get it. Keep us updated... :)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

The swirls, the rosettes and ridiculous heaps of tulle and volume--so decadent...mmm...

Me said...

This is, quite simply, the most perfectly pretty little dress ever! I've heard that positive energy will bring about positivity. Maybe if you buy the dress, you'll get married. Ya' think? I kid.

It's adorable, though.

Mary said...

Ugh, everything lovely about being a girl.
Worth getting married just to wear!

Charlotte said...

I'd try to get it, because it's so pretty.

Michelle said...

thats so gorgeous, never mind about getting married, I would wear it every day!

Riikka Aaltonen said...

You seriously need to buy it! It would be totally perfect!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

I think I'm going to bid but I'm a bit worried since I will be somewhere else this weekend and can't be at the computer when the bidding elds. Maybe I'll just put my max bid reeeeally high to be on the safe side...

Anna : I've never really shopped att huuto.net even though I've sold some stuff there. Might have to give it a go.

Chloé Van Paris said...

I hope you win it.on you this will be greta.i like your blog i loev retro style too.
http://CHLOEVANPARIS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Jo said...

what a gorgeous dress!!!